Up to 1797, Vis was part of the Commune of Hvar. The numerous residential and commercial complexes of noble and affluent families from Hvar in Vis, Komiža and the interior of the island are witness to the centuries-long connection between Hvar and Vis.
The construction of the Farolfi complex, with its large garden enclosed by walls that conceal the residential and commercial buildings inside, commenced in the 16th century. Farolfi Tower was constructed in the early 17th century and, as is the case with other towers constructed during this period, its topmost floor is divided by a loggia.
The name of the poet Marin Gazarović is inscribed on the console of the balcony, therefore the construction of this tower can be connected with his person. Next to the tower, there is a terrace with pillar capitals.